Home Original Forums General Discussion receiver unconscious of psychic affect/communication – names/studies?

2 voices
1 reply
  • Author
    BDB
    Participant

Hello,

I’m starting to research this particular phenomena/affect and am not sure what it’s called, if it has a name.

It’s where someone is unconsciously affected by a psychic affect and thinks, believes, behaves in line with that communication/affect — without being aware the thinking/belief/behaviour originated psychically from someone else.

There’s telepathy but that’s usually conscious communication on/by both parties. If the receiver doesn’t receive/get the message consciously then it’s thought to have not worked or happened. What I’m talking about, it may be that the sender is unconscious or conscious of the interaction/affect, but the receiver is typically not consciously aware so the affect/communication — it goes in under their radar as it were. Then bubbles up as it were, maybe much time later or maybe in the moment, affecting their thoughts/beliefs/behaviour without them knowing they’ve been influenced or are being influenced in such a way. (I happen to know from experience this is an actual phenomena.)

PK/psychokinesis also seems slightly relevant as something’s affected, someone’s unconscious (then that in turn has an affect on someone’s conscious). But that doesn’t seem completely right either.

Physical locality seems to help. Direct line of sight from sender to receiver can increase the affect further but isn’t absolutely necessary.

Osmosis, contagion are a couple of descriptive words which seem relevant to what I’m getting at.

Once I have some names/labels I’ll be able to find studies/experiments etc. hopefully. Any names and/or study/exeriment/paper pointers would be great. Thanks in advance.

Annalisa Ventola
    Keymaster

Hi BDB. The closest thing I can think of relating to this is Rex Stanford’s PMIR model. There’s more about it at the Psi Encyclopedia: https://psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk/articles/rex-g-stanford#Psi-mediated_Instrumental_Research

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.